Network Security Department of Center for Information System is responsible for maintaining security of information, data, servers, desktops, physical access and KU network.
Network Security tasks include the following:
- Writing and updating the Electronic Network Security policy in KU.
- Providing the latest devices and software’s in IT filed in order to protect KU Network, Computers and PC’s.
- Evaluating the safety networks and implement in KU.
- Providing a secure network for inside and outside KU.
- Closing the websites that contrary to Kuwait Constitution.
- Protecting computers and servers by using the latest protection software’s.
- Protecting KU Mail service from security breaches.
- Maintaining the latest security for KU servers.
- Protecting the wireless network.
- Doing maintenance and checking the work quality for security devices.
- Providing cameras system in all KU facilities.
- Using the smart card as KU identity for accessing permitted KU building and parking.